The above map of the Battle of Newport Barracks was drawn by Josiah O. Livingston of the 9th Vermont. Livingston was one of three members of the 9th Vermont to later win the Medal of Honor for their actions during the February 2, 1864 battle.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

A very long overdue post

  • First and foremost, my book, Fight As Long As Possible: The Battle of Newport Barracks, North Carolina, February 2, 1864, will be released this month by Ten Roads Publishing. I do not have an exact date to when I will have copies in hand, but they will be for sale during the Newport Heritage Days.

  • Secondly, the first annual Newport Heritage Days will be taking place on June 26-27 at the Town Park in Newport, North Carolina. I have been put in charge of the Civil War section of the event and that Saturday I will be presenting a living history on the life of a Civil War soldier, giving history of Newport during the Civil War, as well as musket demonstrations. I will also have a collection of artifacts from my collection on display and selling copies of my book. That Sunday, I will be giving two battlefield tours of Newport Barracks. So please stop by for what is shaping up to be a great event.

I want to apologize for letting the blog somewhat fall to the wayside over the past few months. Between the work with my publishing company and finishing my book, things have been a bit hectic. I hope to be back on a regular posting schedule soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment