The above map of the Battle of Newport Barracks was drawn by Josiah O. Livingston of the 9th Vermont. Livingston was one of three members of the 9th Vermont to later win the Medal of Honor for their actions during the February 2, 1864 battle.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fight As Long As Possible: The Battle of Newport Barracks, February 2, 1864 to be released June 21



  • Today I sent my book to the printer and expect copies within a week. It will retail for $15.95 and can be purchased from the Ten Roads Publishing website or Amazon.
  • I am also starting to take dates for speaking or book signings. So any groups who would like to have me just shoot me an email at eric@tenroadspublishing.com and we can set things up.
  • Once again wanted to let everyone know that I will be in Newport for around ten days starting on Friday, June 16. I will be taking a part in the First Annual Newport Heritage Days that will be June 25-27 in Newport, North Carolina.
  • On June 26 I will be conducting a living history program portraying a solider from the 7th North Carolina and later one from the 17th North Carolina. Both of the units had connections to Newport Barracks during the war. I will be discussing the life of a solider as well as doing a few musket demonstrations.
  • On June 27, I will be conducting two tours on the Battle of Newport Barracks. The times will be confirmed soon and once I know I will post it here. I hope everyone can make it to this event, it will be a great time and hopefully the start of a long tradition in Newport.

No comments:

Post a Comment